Monday, December 4, 2006

Hi and intro to my blog, and recent happenings

Hi!
After my brother, Keith, started his blogging I decided to take it upon myself to start my own. I took a few of the characteristics to his blog and added some "Todd-like" elements to it. For example, my blog title, "all i hear is static" is part of the lyrics from a very enjoyable song i listen to often called, (you should NOT be surprised by this) " All I Hear Is Static" by one of my all-time favorite bands, The Lillingtons. Their newest album, The Too Late Show is very good (this is where the song is from), although not as spectacular as a previous release of theirs, Death by Television.

Now on to my recent events. As, many of you should know i am a runner and i am pretty into it, leading to my knew habits, adopted from the Kenyans who dominate long distance running. This includes working extremely hard on my workouts (for all you non-trackies, that's running done on the track, usually the same distance of shorter than that of your event, at a very quick time, therefore increasing speed, lactic acid capacity/pain threshold, and increasing red blood count, making oxygen absorbed better during the next workout or race), running any distance/recovery runs long and at a solid pace, resting as much as possible, and eating like a Kenyan. Kenyans primarily eat mostly carbs and protein. Their regular diet consists of ugali(explained later), fruit, rice, meat, vegetables, and lots of tea, yes tea. Ugali is a mixture of cornmeal and water, in a 1:2 ratio, which is heated and served with a stew. Kenyan tea is also the main export from Kenya, and it is ingested regularly by the athletes, a lot of milk and sugar is usually added to this strong tea. A simple diet yes, but it is very beneficial to their performance, energy coming from the large amount of carbs and protein aiding in muscle recovery.

Other than my new, Americanized (but still resembling Kenyan style) habits, not much has been happening on Louis Drive.

An update may come later in the week, probably Sunday.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Hi sweetheart!

Sarah Rae said...

ok, so 1) you have a brother keith 2) you like the lillingtons and 3) you like to run. I bet there are 97 more things about you that I'd find completely fascinating. do tell.